Saturday, August 2, 2008

Diamonds are a 30-year old girl's best friend!

I turned 30 on Friday. I must admit that I was a bit depressed. Not because I was turning 30- that doesn't bother me at all. In fact, it's kind of fun when these young girls I work and go to school with find out how old I am. They are always shocked (thankfully). Most of them think I am 23 or 24. No, my depression was as usual the result of my most wretched ex's actions. I intended to spend my birthday in VT at an art exhibit that I really want to see, and then I was going to do some fun shopping. I really wanted to buy a new bag and a dress to wear when I go to NM next week. Unfortunately I never received the money that would have paid for these things.
My parents have always been so generous with me, and last year they gave me this laptop for my birthday. Guess what they gave me this year? Diamond earrings! They are beautiful and I love them! Mom said that she figures I deserve a diamond that can actually be seen with the naked eye. I always joke that I was never quite sure if my engagement ring actually had a diamond in it or not. It was so small that I had to hold it up to the light and move my hand from side to side to see a glint! Kacey gave me the PedEgg, and my brother Aaron gave me a book about local flowers and plants. It was great.
I have a funny story to tell. The other day I was in Wal-Mart and I went through the self check-out. I overheard 2 truckers talking to their cashier, and the 3 of us ended up walking out the door at the same time. As we stood outside waiting for a car to pass, one of the men said "mmmm... something sure smells good." I was feeling good that morning because I was wearing my hair down and had perfume on. I WAS smelling good, I had to admit. "Well thank you," I said politely, "I'm wearing my new perfume." The man looked at me funny for a moment, then said "Your perfume smells like Italian bread?" What I failed to mention before is that our Wal-Mart has a Subway restaurant inside! He was talking about sandwiches, not my rockin' hot bod. Just kidding about the rockin' hot bod, and whether he wanted to admit it or not I smelled divine!

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am sure you did smell good and that whole story should be in a movie. That was way too good. Have you ever considered writing a screenplay. You are so descriptive. Happy Birthday my love. Don't let your ex make you feel horrible. Don't give him that power! I love you!

Leah said...

You always smell good and I must admit that I have always been jealous of your rockin hot bod. I must also admit that I am very excited to see that rocking hot bod next week.

Leah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE!

Sandman said...

Best wishes and many happy returns!!

That was a funny story ... thanks for the laugh!

gigi said...

Diamonds are for any age girl! You always smell good. Hope you have a great trip to NM.

The Griffis 4 said...

Happy Late B-Day! The Trucker was busted he wanted you! sooo ofcourse he came back with the bread thing he was embarrassed that you heard talkin about how great your rocking hot bod smelt! LOL

Tara said...

You have the best stories...one of my favorite blogs! I'm so happy you got such great earings for your b-day...your parents are the best! Happy Birthday by the way!

Kate said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you have fun in NM. To bad I wasn't invited i guess my sister loves you guys better than me.

Nate Judd said...

I don't think that at anything smells better than fresh bread, maybe you need to market "French Bread Parfume" (meant to be spoke with a french accent).
Happy Birthday and I love ya!

hil said...

suh-weet! i can't wait till my 30th birthday! just kidding. for the record, i have always thought you smelled like freshly baked bread. and consider the source---fresh bread is probably the biggest turn-on to a trucker. take it from me---the last trucker i dated took me to a truck-stop restaurant called "Betty Beavers" where i heard the waitress tell the 2 men behind me that there was only one clean spoon left, so if they both wanted soup, they would have to share the utensil. true story. probably the same 2 truckers you encountered. the thought of having his very own bread made him feel a little randy, but you shot him down. he was probably saying it all lustfully while his mouth watered like Homer Simpson. "your perfume smells like bread?!!!" it's rough to be you--- a hottie with a naughty body.

Hansen Family said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for the story, as I was reading I was trying to imagine how it was going to end, but your stories never cease to amaze me! :o)

april said...

Happy Birthday, darlin'!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aramie! 30 is bazar because it's not bazar! Does that make sense? I am sorry to hear about Hilary! i hope she stays as healthy as possible.

gigi said...

Are you home yet???
How was your trip?
Will you be blogging about it?
So what do you think of Nate and Halley moving to NY??
I bet you are to happy about that. Now if you could just get Hill and her crowd back up that way, you'd be set!