Friday, July 18, 2008

A story of complete and utter shame

Sorry everyone, today I am not in my happy place. I am going to tell you a story. Put the kids to bed and bite down on a pillow to muffle your screams.
Once upon a time there was a beautiful, sweet, innocent, and completely lovable child named Macey (names have been changed to protect the identities of those involved). Her mother loved her so much, and wanted her to be happy. Macey's father abandoned she and her mother when Macey was only 2 1/2. She loved her daddy very much, and her mother Laramie tried very hard to encourage a loving relationship between them, though her own heart was in pieces. From the beginning Macey's father Doey made things very difficult for Laramie. He never sent her any money to help take care of Macey, and Macey's grandparents supported she and her mother. They bought all the diapers, food, and anything else they needed. They had to take out a second mortgage on their home because Macey's Pappy had co-signed on a loan with Doey for a new car, and Doey never made a single payment on it. Pappy had to take the car or his credit would be ruined.
As the years went by, Doey had very limited contact with Macey. Macey hoped for a long time that her mother and father would stay together, and Laramie had hoped the same, though the Spirit was trying to tell her that she musn't go back to Doey. Doey never sent Macey any Christmas or Birthday presents, though he promised her many times that they were in the mail. She waited anxiously for them to arrive, but they never came. It was agonizing for Laramie to watch her baby go through this time and time again. Macey had not seen her daddy in over a year.
In a most unforgivable act, Doey stole $1500 of Laramie's money that she needed desperately. She tried to call him for months, but Doey is a coward, and Laramie did not hear from him again for 4 months. As he had done many times before, Doey swore that things were going to be different and that he was turning over a new leaf. As she always did, Laramie believed him and was glad that he would be in contact with Macey once again.
This time Doey owed Laramie $600, and she was sure that he would give it to her. He had to! After all, he had turned over a new leaf. Laramie sent Doey an email and asked if he had sent the money yet. He replied that it was on it's way, along with Macey's late Birthday package. Macey couldn't wait to see what daddy got her! Every day she asked mommy if it had come yet and every day mommy said no. "That's okay mom, it will come tomorrow." Finally as they were driving to school this morning mommy said to Macey "baby, I think daddy tricked us again. I don' think he sent anything." Macey burst into tears "but he said he sent it! It has to come!" Laramie called and called, but as always, Doey would not pick up the phone. He wouldn't respond to her emails. Laramie felt very sick and shaky. How could she have believed him again? He had never followed through with any promise he had ever made. He always lies, he always steals, and he always breaks our hearts.
This story ends today, as I sit at the computer still hoping against hope that the UPS truck will turn down our street.

5 comments:

The Cinderella Life said...

That is one of the saddest stories I've ever read. Though I must remark that Macey's grandparents sound like saints.
Doey has earned a special place below where the fire and brimstone will burn the hottest!
Laramie also forgot to mention that Doey owes her over a thousand dollars in child support as well.

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

Thanks, Mom. I know Macey's grandparents personally, and I can assure you that they are saints! They've done more for their children than anyone I know.

gigi said...

You know I have a premit/licence to carry a gun! It's a good thing I'm not a violent person. I saw some of doey's relatives lately and I can't even stand to look at them. It hurts any mother's stomach to see what some dead beat dads can do to their on precious children. Aren't you glad there is a judgment day? I sure love Laramie and her family.

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

Laramie said to tell you she loves you too, Gigi!

Sandman said...

Based on this story, I'm left to judge Doey as a DUMB DOO-DOO.

Ugh! I'm so sorry for Macy and Laramie ... remind them that their elder brother took on the sorrow and pain they are being caused, so if possible try to turn it over to him ... kind of hard for Macey to understand ... My thoughts and prayers are with M & L!