First of all, I was deeply moved by the kindness shown by so many of you during this difficult time. Thank you for your words of comfort as I continue to deal with the loss of my dear friend Estelle Getty.
Moving on now- are the rest of you as fascinated with the natural world as I am? I am a Discovery Channel and National Geographic Channel junkie. My mom makes fun of me because I put Shark Week down in my planner! It's true. That's how much I love it. I'm watching it as I type. Maybe it is my fear of sharks that makes me so interested in them.
I had to work for a few hours on Saturday, and when I got home Kacey told me very excitedly that Pappy had taken the training wheels off of her bike and now she could ride it without them. I thought that maybe dad was trying to teach her, but hadn't actually taught her entirely yet. She says that she can do things all the time when really she is only in the process of learning something. I am trying to teach her to read, so she often tells people that she knows how to read. Anyway, this was not like that. She jumped on her tiny bike and rode off into the sunset! I couldn't believe it! I was a little bummed that I wasn't there to see it for the first time, but dad says there really wasn't anything to see. He said that he took the wheels off, steadied her a bit, and off she went. Now she is so proud, and so am I. I don't have a proper digital camera, so that explains the lack of photos.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Your baby is growing up! It scares me because the older she gets, the smarter she gets. She'll be correcting my college homework in a year or two.
You and Harry would get along just great with your Television channel choices! Well, yall get along well anyway.
Oh, where is a video camera when you need one?? Great job, Kacey!
I'm sorry your ex is an A-hole. Every time I hear something about him I start to think of ways to find him and kick him in the nards.
Can I first begin by saying that I love my sister and her passion. I am laughing out loud right now ad you tell tootie good job for me. I must say that my boys were pretty advanced when it came to riding a bike. I am still laughing!:D
awesome for kacey! my girls love the discovery channel.
I know what you mean about missing your kids firsts...I told mom to push Seth down if he even thought about taking his first steps while Ben and I were away...There is no way I was gonna miss that!
Brett TIVO's the Shark Week whenever it is on, it takes up all my memory, I think we even still have some from last year on there. Me, I am not a big fan of big teeth that can rip my head off.
Congratulations to Kacey, that is great that she learned her bike so quickly. I remember many scabbed knees when I was learning.
Post a Comment