Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hip mom or school marm?


I just turned 32. I have a 7-year old daughter. I just bought a pair of jeggings. I swore I would never own a pair of skinny jeans, yet I purchased jeggings & they are AWESOME! So comfy. Obviously my legs don't look like the ones in the picture, but I still think they are flattering.
This is my question: at what age do I finally stop dodging father time & accept my true age? Instead of shopping at American Eagle, should I be looking through the Lands End catalog & ordering a sturdy pair of high waist, tapered ankle khakies? I wear lots of t-shirts. Should I be wearing button-down blouses that I tuck into my sturdy, high waist, tapered ankle khakies? Should I be listening to talk radio and weighing in on political issues instead of rocking out to Katy Perry (yes, I love her).
Going to college again as an older student was fun because I got to see what was trendy. The only trend that still hasn't managed to suck me in are flats (as in shoes). No one wears heels anymore. Sadly I have wide feet, so I own only 1 pair of flats which I seldom wear. It also helps that I have a young daughter. She's my little doll & I get to dress her up. And for the record, she also owns a pair of jeggings.

6 comments:

hil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hil said...

jeggings make me shudder (i had to delete this comment a second ago b/c i realized that i spelled shudder "shutter". now that i've told on myself, it all seems sort of pointless), but i've never actually seen anyone wearing them. but, you are always stylish and i'm sure that if you like them, then they look great. but please don't wear them when we are together.

i like flats (my husband is short stuff), but i, too, have feet that are wide like a duck's. i look ridiculous in flats, but i wear them. hillary is to flats as Aramie is to jeggings. there's a little SAT refresher for you.

hil said...

wait, now it looks like i meant that you look ridiculous in jeggings as i look ridiculous in flats. that's not what i meant! just that i wear flats but not jeggings, and you wear jeggings but not flats. you have beautiful legs and i'm sure that jeggings look great on you. the end. amen.

Erin said...

I think there is a happy medium between looking to teenage trendy and looking to old...

ann taylor loft, jcrew, have more mature trendy looks...at least I think so. as for the jeans wear what you like especially if it is flattering.

*Lyndsey said...

you're only as old as you feel. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on getting engaged! It sounds like you are happy! I am glad you found someone that makes you feel that way!!!