If you will recall, about this same time last year I went to New York City for the first time. Kacey and I went with my dad while he was doing hiring boards down there. It was great. We ate good food, saw a show, went to the Museum of Natural History.......and yet........something was lacking. I longed for the opportunity to visit The Met, but there's no way Kacey was going to be cool while I stared at paintings and artifacts for 3 hours. My dad has actually said to me "Why does anyone care about learning about art," so clearly he was not on board either. Well, readers, it seems I am about to have my 2nd chance! I will be meeting my best friend Leah there next month, and you better believe The Met will have the pleasure of meeting me. My advisor is on the board there (I have no idea which board, but it sounds so sophisticated), and she is going to let me borrow her ID so that I can get in for free. Not only will I be visiting The Met, but I will be Dr. Karen Blough for the day! She said that no one will care enough to check the ID, so I'm banking on that. Kacey is sad that she isn't going this time. She did soooo love the ferris wheel at Toys-R-Us in Times Square. =)
Saturday, February 13, 2010
New York City!
If you will recall, about this same time last year I went to New York City for the first time. Kacey and I went with my dad while he was doing hiring boards down there. It was great. We ate good food, saw a show, went to the Museum of Natural History.......and yet........something was lacking. I longed for the opportunity to visit The Met, but there's no way Kacey was going to be cool while I stared at paintings and artifacts for 3 hours. My dad has actually said to me "Why does anyone care about learning about art," so clearly he was not on board either. Well, readers, it seems I am about to have my 2nd chance! I will be meeting my best friend Leah there next month, and you better believe The Met will have the pleasure of meeting me. My advisor is on the board there (I have no idea which board, but it sounds so sophisticated), and she is going to let me borrow her ID so that I can get in for free. Not only will I be visiting The Met, but I will be Dr. Karen Blough for the day! She said that no one will care enough to check the ID, so I'm banking on that. Kacey is sad that she isn't going this time. She did soooo love the ferris wheel at Toys-R-Us in Times Square. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
One of my favorite things at the Met is the section dedicated to American period rooms. The time Kate and I were there we happened upon someone practicing to be a guide, and they shared some really interesting info. Have fun!
So glad yall have the chance to meet in NYC. I still can't wait to get there sometime soon.
Jealous..I so want to go to New York..just say I've gone and to visit all those fun things..maybe next time you'll have to give me a ring so I can go:)
well, last time i was rubbing elbows at the met...
i've never been there and i can't wait to hear all about it! you are going to have so much fun! i just wish it could be you and me schmoozing around the city. you'll have so much fun.
How fun!! I'm jealous that y'all get to see each other! (Since I haven't seen Leah in at least 3/4 years and I haven't seen you in almost 10!) Sad!
they shared some really interesting info. Have fun!
data entry work from home
Post a Comment