Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tootie Fraces is a good, good girl!

I have to tell a little story about Tootie Frances. She is very well liked in her class, and the little girls in her class often compete for her attention. One of these is a girl named Zoe. Last week Kacey came home from school with 3 Littlest Pet Shop animals and was so excited to tell me that Zoe just gave them to her at school. If you have a little girl you are probably familiar with The Littlest Pet Shop. They are itty bitty bobble head animals. They are also $5 each. I told Kacey that I didn't think Zoe's mom would be happy if she knew that Zoe was giving away her toys at school. I wanted her to give them back, but she got really upset and said that Zoe gave them to her and she didn't want to give them back. I let it go for a little while, and then a couple days later she brought home another one that Zoe had given her. I had a talk with her this time, and told her that it wasn't right to keep them. I said that maybe the only reason Zoe was giving her her toys was because she felt like that was the only way that Kacey would like her. I think that made her feel bad, because the next day she took them back. She said that she asked Zoe if she was only giving her toys to make her like her. She said that Zoe looked down and nodded her head yes. Kacey gave her a hug and told her that she didn't have to give her toys to be her friend, and she gave them back. I was so proud of her!

5 comments:

My Name's Sarah said...

That's awesome... sounds like something out of "The Friend." I love it when kids do the right thing:)

Elizabeth said...

what a good girl.. you should be a proud mamma!

Nate Judd said...

What a sweet thing for her to do. That makes me tear up a little bit...

hil said...

that girl makes me so proud. i have told that story to everyone who would listen!

hil said...

i just like to read and re-read this story because it chokes me up every time. that little Kacey is a really sweet and unique girl. i told my friend Alisha about that and she did recreational therapy for children for a while. she was so impressed and explained to me in psychological terms how impressive a thing that was, especially for such a young girl. i'm so proud of you, Kacey Claire! i hope Darby grows up to be that same caliber of person. you know, instead of demanding toys from her friends and beating them senseless if they didn't fork them over.