Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's heeltastic!


I like to think of myself as an honest person. When I was growing up, my mom always knew when I wasn't telling the truth. I don't know if it was her mother's intuition or if I was just a terrible liar. Anyway, because I am an honest person I guess I just assume that everyone else is too. The funny thing is that even when someone has lied to me over and over again I still believe everything they say! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...
I also have a terrible tendency to believe that all "as seen on tv" products will work just like the spokes person says they will. Imagine my disappointment when MightyMendIt didn't keep my broken mug together, and when The Bender Ball didn't leave me with abs of steel (okay, that might have been partially my fault). I am finally pleased to announce that one product has lived up to the hype. Heeltastic is pretty great. I bought it, with only a glimmer of hope that it might actually make my heels smooth. The woman who invented it is also a chemist, which piqued my interest even more. I brought it home, slathered it on my dry cracked heels, and it worked great! As a soap maker, I am familiar with a variety of oils and waxes used to make toiletries. All of the ingredients used in Heeltastic are natural oils and waxes. No petroleum. I have been very pleased.
Have you tried any of the "as seen on tv" products?

6 comments:

Erin said...

No but that snuggie sure looks tempting...

Nate Judd said...

I've seen that stuff and wondered if it worked. Glad that something does.
I'm always a little apprehensive about TV ads. Personally I'd like to try the new "complete and total cure for herpes..."
I'll let you know how it goes.

gigi said...

Ultra Smooth the Natural Hair Removal and Exfoliator
system and it sucked!

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

Gigi, my mom bought that too, and I agree! For a do-it-yourself version just get some sand paper!

hil said...

i am the infomercial queen! i have purchased all sorts of crap off t.v. i bought a few old-lady exercise contraptions that didn't work (and i felt super lame watching grandma exercise videos). i bought Nads natural wax. it didn't remove any hair from my leg (i much later found it works for eyebrows), but it is totally organic, so if all else fails, you can eat it. i am pumped to try heal-tastic. i've been thinking about it since you told me of its magical powers.

Ali said...

I bought a ped-egg. It's ok, except that a few days later, your skin comes back 10 times more course and flaky. But right after you shave it, it feels great.

Or maybe I'm just not using it correctly. I tend to get tired as I rub it over my feet and give up after about 30 seconds. Maybe I should work on my will-power and stop complaining about stuff bought off infomercials.