Well friends, it's true. I have lived in upstate NY off and on for 11 years now, and I have only just returned from my first trip to NYC. It was fabulous, and I will be posting my pics hopefully tomorrow. My only regret is that I was never able to haggle with a foreigner in a dimmly lit room over the price of a knock-off Prada hand bag. Oh well, next time. My dad was there on business, so Kacey and I went along. The trip was mostly geared towards fun stuff for Kacey, but I had a great time too. Next time I would like to go with friends and check out the MET and all of the awesome shops.
We stayed at the Marriott in New Roc City which is a 10-minute train ride from NYC. The neighborhood we stayed in was a seedy little Latino section of town, and therefore was right up mine and my dad's alley. We ate some super fantastically delicious Mexican food, and the only thing I bought the entire trip was 2 boxes of IBARRA Mexican hot chocolate wafers. I felt like I struck gold!
I will post pics and give a narrative tomorrow. Right now I've got to get my child to bed and get ready for work tomorrow.
It was super fun, but I am a country lovin' girl at heart! I was happy to get home after so much excitement.
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I would love to NYC with you I've always wanted to check out the BIG CITY. And go to the met and all that Jazz. Sighn me up!! Can't wait to see your pics.
Look forward to your pictures. So glad you finally got to go!
good times. ive never been to NY but would love to check it out.
Here is another recipe that I found on a recipe blog site. I tried it and it is sooooo yummy! Try it on your pancakes next time you make them.
Buttermilk Syrup
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups buttermilk
2 Cups Sugar
2 Tbs light Karo Syrup
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
Use a Large Saucepan (it will foam and grow) and bring the first four ingredients to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 7 minutes (still stirring). Remove from heat and add soda and vanilla (will puff up again).
*Note- Probably will want to half if for a small family
*Note 2- if you let it boil a few minutes longer, it will be thicker. Great on ice cream too!
Happy Valentine's Day and I'm still waiting on those NY pictures :)
Happy Eater to you and your's!
Post a Comment