Friday, October 10, 2008

I've died and gone to retail heaven!

It finally happened. Plattsburgh, NY-population no one-finally has a Target! I popped in today, and I wanted to spin around with my arms outstretched and sing like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music. It may seem a bit trifle to you big city dwellers, but around here it is the big news. Before now the closest one was almost 2 hours away. Now, it's a mere 10 minutes. Hooray!

5 comments:

Nate Judd said...

I'm excited that you're excited! Congrats! I do have one question...what will Ross think about you spending money on another store...?

hil said...

i love target. it's the reason i've asked Frankie to quit leaving me the car. i can't be trusted!

gigi said...

Can't believe you got one!?! Platsburg must be bigger than you let on, we only got a Target in Brunswick last year! I find the best deals on the end of the racks with the red tags! Woo Hoo! I feel your excitement girlfriend!!

april said...

Are you kidding, I totally get it! I love that store. Having a Target in your town really is a mark of "civilization" these days :)

Tasha Guinn said...

Congrats! That is exciting. While I probably have 3 within 15-20 minutes from me, I was super excited last week when one opened in my backyard! So in my excitement to save more gas, I was tickled pink. Enjoy, I can't imagine what it would be like to live without a Target. That must have been tough!