Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Strawberry pie and the cutest shoes ever!

G'day, Mates! We had a sister missionary in our branch several months ago who was from Brisbaine, Australia. She is now at BYU Hawaii, Elizabeth, and I think she worked at the Polynesian Cultural Center when Io worked there. Her name is Celeste Ketcher and she works in the art gallery. Anyway, she used to make me laugh so hard when she would do her American accent, and I would butcher an Australian accent. Good times. I miss her. We became good buddies, but I haven't heard from her in a long time.
I am in the process of making Erin's strawberry pie. Strawberries are now in season, and I never buy them until they are under $2 a lb. The recipe for the pie is on Erin's blog. I am putting it into a ready-made shortbread crust. Yum yum!!! Kacey loves strawberries. She hates pie, but maybe she'll try it. I usually buy lots of strawberries throughout the summer and make freezer jam with them. It is so, so good! I love it on toast and yellow cake with whipped cream! It's not cooked, so the strawberries taste very fresh.
Thank you to all who left very encouraging and kind comments for my Sunday post. I hope you know I wasn't fishing for compliments, but they made me feel so good. I love you all so much, and thanks again.
Several months ago when the weather was still super crappy I bought a pair of completely adorable strappy sandals. I love dressy shoes, but I never have enough dressy clothes to wear with all of my dressy shoes. Anyway, I wore them on Saturday (during the infamous chainsaw incident), and they hurt my feet so bad that I was nearly crippled by the time I hobbled back to my car! I took them off and drove home with no shoes on. I experienced even more severe pain in December during my choir concert. I wore a very cute pair of stiletto heels, and by the end of the concert I couldn't even feel my toes anymore. Half way through I took them off and disappeared behind the tall woman in front of me. I didn't care. Drastic times call for drastic measures. You'd think I would learn my lesson, but I still buy completely impractical, super cute shoes.

6 comments:

TheDaleys said...

My vitamins are Prozac and Lamictal. Plus, I am always on the lookout for energy supplements that don't contain caffeine or ephedra. That is quite the task.

gigi said...

How do you make strawberry freezer jam??

I have way to many shoes that hurt my feet! That is why lately I just buy another pair of Croc's. You can't go wrong with Croc's! As you very well know...

The Cinderella Life said...

Yummy pie and pork chops, Aramella. love you

Sandman said...

I am reminded of Steve Martin's comedic sketch "Cruel Shoes." You can listen to it here ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feTrJSWnqdk

Makes me chuckle every time!

The Griffis 4 said...

your making want to eat pie & buy cute shoes

Elizabeth said...

I see your mom comments on pork chops too......how do you make yours? I usually just do shake and bake and although it's ok.....It's not my favorite.
Oh and I never buy uncomfortable shoes. That is one thing I just can't do....if it isn't comfy, I can't do it!!
I'm going to have to go look at Erin's strawberry pie recipe. I have strawberry's in the fridge right now that I need to use. Oh and jam would be so yummy!!! Strawberry jam is my favorite!!