Saturday, April 19, 2008

New York chainsaw massacre

My dad sent me to Wal-Mart yesterday to buy him a new chainsaw blade. I couldn't find a blade, I could only find a "bar." I asked him if a bar is the same thing as a blade and he said no. Today he sent me to Lowe's to find the blade. Once again I see nothing that identifies itself as a blade, only bars. You can buy a bar, a chain, or a bar with a chain, but no blade. I start to wonder if maybe dad is wrong and a blade and bar are actually the same thing. I picked up a 16" bar, took it to a Lowe's employee who looked like he might be manly enough to know the difference and asked him if the bar I was holding was a chainsaw blade. He said it was. I went home and gave it to my dad. He says he needs a blade, not a bar! I told him that I couldn't find a blade anywhere! I told him there are bars, chains, or bars with chains, but no blades! He looks at me in exasperation and says "the chain is the blade!" So I say "Dad, do I look like a logger to you? How the hell am I supposed to know that a blade and a chain are the same thing?!" All in all it was a very good learning experience.
Kacey played outside with the next door neighbors kids all day. She is already asleep. Yippeeee! Her bedtime is 8pm, but most nights she manages to stay awake until 9. I love my alone time at night.
I planted quite a few more plants tonight. It never even occured to me that some of my seeds might not sprout. Kacey insisted on helping me when we did the big planting a little over a month ago, and it got so confusing that I think I left a lot of pots empty because I thought she had already put seeds in them.
I'm off to prepare my Sunday School lesson. Happy Saturday eve to all!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I wouldn't have known that the chain was the blade either. Those men always assuming. And we all know what happens when we ass u me.

gigi said...

You are always turning your adventures into learning opportunities. Good for you!

I planted my tomato's yesterday. I just wish I could go out this morning and pick me some for a good ol' tomato sandwhich for breakfast!