Yes, technically I'm still married to Joey. My heart finally gave up on us last year though, so I don't feel like I'm cheating. My new love is........my new flat iron. Yes, it's the real deal. My old one crapped out on me so I had to get a new one. It's brand name is Hot Tools. My stylist (Leah, once and for all- what is the proper term for the person who cuts your hair?) said that I should get a Chi because they are the best. I went to the store to get one, and nearly wet my pants when I saw that they are $100+. I want to look good, but I don't want to have to take out a small loan to do it. So, I bought a Hot Tools, and it worked great until 2 weeks ago. That one was only 1", and my hair is pretty long so it took a while to do my hair. The new one is 2", and it's like a dream come true! I didn't even know that they come in different sizes! The best part is that I got it at TJ Maxx, so it was only $20. I kid you not- TJ Maxx is my Mecca. I'm pretty certain that heaven has a TJ Maxx, because if not it won't be heaven to me!
Now I am going to write a little about my brilliant daughter. She will be starting kindergarten in the fall, and I'm convinced that when we go to her kindergarten screening they are going to tell me she should really skip ahead to 5th grade. The other day she was helping me make cookies. I was rolling out the dough, and she said "hey, mom. That dough looks just like Texas." I looked down, and low and behold- it was shaped just like the state of Texas! How does my 4-year old know what Texas is shaped like? She says the funniest things. Before school the other day I was scrubbing her hands with a washcloth because she got some of those temporary tattoos in her Easter basket and has to have like 20 of them all at once. As I was scrubbing them off, she looked up at me and smiled. "Mom," she said "it's like your scrubbing all my troubles away." I'm so lucky to be her mom. She is such a joy.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Aren't kids fun? Sometimes! LOL Leah uses a flat iron that she got from Walmart for $20 and she LOVES it too. Maybe the $20 ones are just the best ones. ??? Anyway, If you want a cute layout for your blog, go to my blog and I have two places you can get them from....One says cute layouts, the other says Matie Kay. They both have cute ones and directions on the website. If you need me to talk you through it let me know. Or you could just find one and then give me your sign in stuff and I could put it up for you. Just let me know what I can do to help. I really don't mind the questions!
So to my surprise I already commented but it in fact was not me so I thought that someone was trying to steal my identity. then I realized that no one would want it. For the record I did not pronounce chi the best I just said that it is quite popular among stylist. I do personally have a $20 conair that I purchased at Walmart and my hair has never looked better. Though I may be a product snob. I use what works and if it was cheap then more power to you. And that kid of yours is hilarious!
Hey you, I've been checking out the pink eye blog for weeks now and am so glad to find out that you have a better one, I was sick of that!!! Thank you. These blogs make it so that I don't miss you guys so much. We can actually be a part of your lives. As for Flat irons, don't need 'em and Tj MAXX is the bomb!
As for Kacy, blog everything she says so you don't forget just how cute and how smart she is! Love you so much...........
Ok...funny....Leah came over and signed onto my computer. I didn't realize she was still signed in when I made my comment. HAHAHAHA
Post a Comment